About J.W. Pepper & Sons, Inc.
J.W. Pepper was founded in 1876 and is the world’s largest retailer of sheet music, with a particular focus on the K12 education market, offering over 1.2 million products on our website from over 1,000 suppliers. The company is headquartered in Exton, PA with large distribution facilities in Atlanta, GA and Salt Lake City, UT, as well as 10 regional sales centers located across the country.
The Scrum Master role is a unique Agile team member who spends much of their time helping other team members communicate, coordinate, and cooperate; generally, this person assists the team in meeting their delivery goals.
The Scrum Master is a servant leader who enables teams to self-organize, self-manage, and deliver via effective Lean-Agile practices. The Scrum Master supports and enforces the Scrum process and other rules that the team has agreed. The Scrum Master also helps the team coordinate with other teams and shared resources, and communicates status to management as needed.
- Lead a cross-functional team within the Agile Scrum framework.
- Facilitate and schedule Scrum ceremonies such as Sprint Planning, Daily Stand-up, Sprint Review, Retrospectives and Code Review.
- Facilitate discussion, decision-making and conflict resolution.
- Remove and/or escalate impediments standing in the way of the team’s progress.
- Facilitate getting the work done without assigning or dictating the work.
- Build a trusting and safe environment with an emphasis on problem solving.
- Coordinate multiple scrum teams
- Facilitate interaction and appropriate communication among shared resources.
- Guide the team and organization on Agile Principles and Scrum and Kanban practices.
- Interface with Chief Product Owner, Product Manager, and Product Owner as much as necessary.
- Facilitate continuous improvement and the development of a learning culture
- Identify emerging best practices and opportunities to help continuously advance agile methods and practices.
Experience / Skill Requirements:
- Must be a Certified Scrum Master with 3+ years Scrum Master experience
- 5+ years of information technology experience
- Thorough understanding of agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures
- Ability to deal with multiple projects and deadlines
- Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Must be self-motivated as well as creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems
- Data driven analysis skills for measuring and managing delivery
- Experience with relevant business software e.g. Microsoft Office applications, JIRA.
- Excellent team player with the ability to influence and negotiate
- Ability to understand and communicate technical issues
- Highly adaptable to changing environment Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse teams
- Demonstrated knowledge of test-driven development and virtues of coded unit tests
- SM needs to have situational awareness with an understanding of when to listen and when to be assertive.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail
- Ability to hold team members accountable, set clear sprint performance standards, resolve sprint performance issues, keep team engaged and on task
Please send inquiries and résumés to Director of Human Resources: email@example.com. When responding, please include the words “Scrum Master Position” in the subject line.